course info

snow college - art 2950

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Self Portrait, Based in Time.


This is an autobiographical comic. It's 17 pages long, and it documents, by the hour, one day of my life.

I started this project by doing small thumbnail comics, messy hourlies, for every hour of the day I was awake on February 4th 2011. I drew them as soon as the hour was through, getting the high point of those 60 minutes down on paper while it was still fresh on my mind. I then redrew each one, fitting it to a good format, adding backgrounds, making things more consistent, and lettering it in a manner that made things legible.

The day was ordinary. I had a class, worked on art, made some phone calls to my mom about taxes, and went out for tacos and had a non argument about a previous argument with the boy I was dating at the time.


I printed each of the pages on regular 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of paper, folded, stapled, and made zines for whoever wanted one.
Below is each page in reading order, for those who want to squint instead of getting a physical copy.





















-Trishelle

No comments: